Coupe de France des Ecoles - Catégorie Excellence
- 13 January : 09h00 > 18h00
- 14 January : 09h00 > 18h00
Urma du Maine et Loi - Angers
Compagnons du Devoir - Bordeaux
Ecole de Boulangerie de Paris
Europain will host the 7th edition of the ‘French Schools’ Cup’ co-organised by LEMPA (Laboratoire National de la Boulangerie Pâtisserie) and EKIP. Today this competition is a reference event for French training centres and catering schools. Mixed teams of 3 participants under 22 years old, currently in training, defend the quality of education delivered at their establishment.
The ‘French Schools’ Cup’ shines the spotlight on young talents who blossom in the Bakery Viennoiserie Pastry trades. Each team is coached by 2 trainers, a baker and a pastry chef. They compete in different categories depending on their level:
- Hopefuls: level 5 diplomas
- Excellence: level 4 diplomas
On the day of the contest, the participants have 5 hours to prepare and complete the required tests. ‘Architecture in your region’ will be the theme for the 7th edition.
« Excellence » CATEGORY
- Bakery test: The teams will be required to prepare a decorated creation set on a wooden base 50 cm x 50 cm, 5 cm height, on the theme ‘Architecture in your region’. The maximum dimensions for the piece are as follows: base: 40 cm x 40 cm, height between 60 and 80 cm.
- Pastry test: On the theme ‘Architecture in your region’ the teams will prepare 2 chocolate-based entremets to serve 6 persons. These will need to be decorated and placed on a polystyrene stand (dimensions maximum of the stand: width 40 cm, length 60 cm, height 80 cm).
- President of the Jury: Raoul Maeder, baker-pastry chef
- Vice president : Lucie Lerouxel, baker at Alban Guilmet (Caen), double winner of the ‘Trophée de la baguette tradition’ for the Normandy region
Jury « Excellence » category
- Djibril Bodian : Baker - Grenier à Pain - Paris XVIIIème.
- Keiko Nagae : Japanese pastry chef – Arôme – sweet creations. Paris XVème.
- Antony Terrone : Pastry chef - Pâtissier - Pavillon Royal - Paris XVIème
- Cyrille Van der Stuyft : Baker, Consulting trainer - MOF 2015.
The contest will showcase all the tests in a space fitted with 2 open bakery production installations where the public can encourage the participants.