Sens & Chocolat Festival
Organized by PLANETGOUT: from tasting to restoration
The 'Sens & Chocolat' Festival aims to raise awareness of the "artisan buyer of cocoas and chocolates" to the quality and importance of his "ethical" choices, in maintaining biodiversity for a tasty and 'sustainable' chocolate. The visitor will be able to create "his own experience of taste" through meeting people at the various counters of the four main countries, during mini-conferences, Bean to Bar demonstrations and gourmet meetings.
PLANETGOUT COUNTER: Who does what from the bean to the chocolate bar?
Information PLATEFORM BEAN TO BAR 'The world of chocolate cocoa'
9h30am-1h00pm – 2h00pm-5h30pm
- Guided discovery of the Bean to Bar process
- Know how to buy quality cocoas: expert advice on sensory profile & taste
- Training and advice: from the manufacture to the sale of chocolates
- Information and tastings on grand cru chocolates
COUNTRY COUNTERS: Madagascar - Ecuador - Venezuela - Brazil
- Discovery of WCFO FarmGate planters, by country, presentation selection of fine cocoa varieties from Cercle de Cacao
- All-day tasting of beans, chocolates 'pure origin' selected at the previous 4 Festivals
- Retrospective of the 2 PLANEGOUT Awards, 'pure origin' competition
- International Grand Cru Tablet Award
- National Bonbon Award design & taste
in partnership with HydroProcess
LAB SENS & CHOCOLATE / Professional Master Class Program
- Every day = 1 country: Meetings, demonstrations and tastings
- Saturday 3: Madagascar
- Sunday 4: Ecuador
- Monday 5: Venezuela
- Tuesday 6: Brazil
- Machine space: continuous demonstration of FBM conching machines 'Discover the Chocolate Process and become a Bean to Bar chocolatier'
- Lounge Area:
- All day : Tastings of rare beans and chocolates
- 10h45am -12h15pm : Daily - Mini Conferences by a Bean to Bar Chocolate Chef:
- Saturday 3: Christophe Berthelot-Sampic
- Sunday 4: Patrick Gelencser
- Monday 5: Franck Morin
- Tuesday: Gilles Coolen
- 1h00pm-5h30pm: Everyday - Gourmet Business Meetings and Demonstrations by a Chocolate Chef Compagnons du Devoir
- Sunday 4 : 4h00pm-5h30pm - Weiss: Demonstration and original taste 'chocolate and praliné'
THE BEAN TO BAR CHOCOLATIERS' FESTIVAL : Monday, February 5, 10h00am-6h00pm
3h00pm-4h30pm: PLANETGOUT Ceremony: Presentation of the "Cocoa-Oscars" Awards to the ambassadors of the 4 countries (chocolatiers, experts, juries of the 4 Festival Sens & Chocolat)
Place: Stand "Confédération des pâtissiers chocolatiers"